The default configuration of Celigo SmartClient supports standard inventory management as described in the Adjusting Inventory section. However, as described in NetSuite Help Center, those steps will fail when Advanced Bin/Numbered Inventory Management feature is enabled in your account. In which case, please follow the steps outlined below when executing inventory adjustments.
Step 1: Turn on Advanced Bin/Numbered Inventory Management handling in the SmartClient
Click Options from the to SmartClient tab on the Excel Ribbon.
Go to Advanced User Settings and turn on Support Advanced Bin/Numbered Inventory Management option.
Step 2 (optional): Customize the Inventory Assignment Template
Click on the Edit Inventory Assignment Template link to bring up the Template Wizard to customize the template for entering Bin/Lot allocation.
Step 3: Add a new Inventory Adjustment table to the worksheet
Click Add Records button on the Ribbon.
Select an existing Inventory Adjustment template or create a new one, and insert it in to the worksheet. Make sure that the Inventory List sub list contains the Item column.
You will see that the columns from the Inventory Assignment template is merged with the Inventory Adjustment columns.
Step 4: Enter the Adjustment quantities and bin assignments
Populate the table with the data you wish to update in NetSuite. Following screenshot shows a new inventory adjustment that has just been uploaded to NetSuite.
Please take special note of the following details of this screenshot:
- We are no longer using the Inventory List > Bin Numbers column that we used in the standard inventory adjustments. Instead we are using the Inventory Detail > Bin Number list.
- The above data is for one Inventory Adjustment transaction with one Inventory line item that has two Inventory Assignments. As usual, the SmartClient looks at the body columns (Account column in this case) to determine which rows belong in the same transaction. Additionally, it now looks at the Inventory List > Item column to determine which Inventory Detail lines should be included in the same Adjustment Inventory line.
- The value in the Adjust Qty By field should be equal to the sum of Inventory Detail > Quantity that would be grouped under that line.
- We are using a template with the Standard Layout. Elegant Layout is not compatible with Inventory Details at this point.
- The Inventory Detail sub-list is specially wired to work with Inventory Adjustments. SmartClient does not support multiple sub-lists on any other record type at this point.
Step 5: Upload
Upload the data to NetSuite by clicking Add Selected Rows or Add All Records buttons.