You can share SmartClient files and results templates with others. If the person you are sharing with does not have SmartClient installed, Excel displays an error message that the Customization Assembly cannot be loaded. To work on the spreadsheet, you can ignore the message and send the sheet back to a computer with the SmartClient installed to update the records in NetSuite.
If the SmartClient is installed on the computer, you should receive no errors if the SmartClient was installed to the standard location. If you receive the Customization Assembly error, you need to run the SmartClient Link Tool as described below.
To share your worksheet with another user:
- Save & name your SmartClient file.
- Click the Add/Edit Results Templates button.
- Right-click the template name from the right side of the Results Designer Template, and choose Export…
- Send both the SmartClient Excel file and the exported result template (.xml file) to the other user(s).
Upon receiving a SmartClient worksheet from another user
- Save the file to your computer.
- From your computer’s Start menu, go to Programs > Celigo > SmartClient Repair Tool.
- Select Update a single document, and select the SmartClient file you saved to your computer.
- Within the Link to section, find and select the NSSmartClient.vsto file in your Celigo Program Folder. If you don’t know where this is, search your computer for nssmartclient.vsto.
NOTE: The path that is listed by default may not be the correct path for your computer, so we recommend finding and selecting the file to be sure you enter the correct path.
- Click Repair.
You will receive a confirmation message that the file was repaired.
- Import the results template.
- Save the results template file (an .xml file) to your computer.
- Open the SmartClient file you received from the other user, and let the SmartClient initialize.
- In the Celigo SmartClient menu bar, click Result Template.
- Click the Import link, find and select the results template you saved to your computer, and click Open.
You will now see the result template listed as an available result template to use.