You can download the SmartClient for NetSuite from the following locations, depending on your version of Excel:
- Celigo Excel SmartClient for Microsoft Excel 2007 and above (2010, 2013)
To install the SmartClient:
- Log in to the computer as the administrator.
Only the administrator of a machine can install the SmartClient, but other users on the machine can use it. A non-administrator will not be able to save over the default worksheet, but he or she can save a copy which contains the same SmartClient functionality.
- From the install pop-up, save the .exe file, and click through any warnings about executable files if needed.
- Click Run.
- Click Browse to save the program to another location than the default location on your computer if needed.
- Click Install.
Note: If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer, you may be asked to step through its installation as a part of the process. The .NET Framework is already installed if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Once you have downloaded and installed the SmartClient, you need to upgrade the trial version to the full version by activating your application. Licensing for the SmartClient is per user and per NetSuite account. If you have not yet received a license for the SmartClient, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To activate the SmartClient:
- Open the SmartClient by going to Start > All Programs > Celigo > NetSuite SmartClient. Microsoft Excel opens with the SmartClient add-in enabled.
- In the SmartClient toolbar, click Celigo Help on the far left to open the dropdown menu, and choose About…
If you use Excel 2007, the toolbar is found under the Celigo tab.
- Click the License Management… button.
- In the popup window, enter the login credentials for the account licensed for use with SmartClient.
- Click Next.
The SmartClient validates your credentials with NetSuite and retrieves the licensing information for your user name.
Note: For security purposes, your login credentials are never sent to Celigo. The activation process connects your SmartClient application to your NetSuite account without sharing your credentials with Celigo.