The SmartClient automatically attempts to log in to your NetSuite account when you first try to update, create, search, delete, or fetch NetSuite data. In order to log in, you will need your NetSuite account number.
To locate your account number in Netsuite:
- In NetSuite, go to Support > Customer Service > Contact Support by Phone.
- Ensure that your browser has not blocked a pop-up, and copy your account number from the pop-up window.
When you are prompted to log in after attempting your first action in the SmartClient, you will need the following information:
- E-mail Address – Enter the e-mail address you use to log in to your NetSuite account.
- Password – Enter the password you use to log in to your NetSuite account.
- Role – Leave this field blank to use your default role in NetSuite. See below for more information on choosing a default role in NetSuite and for choosing a specific role for the SmartClient if you prefer not to set a default role.
The account type you are connecting to displays to the right of the Role field. For more information on changing this setting to connect to production, beta, or sandbox account, see Menu Options.
- Account Number – Enter your NetSuite account number.
By default, the Celigo SmartClient will use your default role in NetSuite. If you are taken to the Choose Role page in NetSuite when you log in, you do not have a default role set and need to either set a default role in NetSuite or choose the role you want to use within the SmartClient.
To set a default role in NetSuite:
- In your NetSuite account, click Change Role at the top of the page.
- On the Choose Role page, check the box next to the role you want to use by default.
You will be automatically logged in to this role going forward.
To remain without a default role in NetSuite and choose a role for the SmartClient:
- When prompted for login information in the SmartClient, choose the Netsuite role you want to use for accessing data.This remains your default role for SmartClient use and defines the data you have access to from within the client.
- To change roles in the SmartClient, click Login in the SmartClient toolbar.
Is my account a NetSuite OneWorld Account?
A quick way to determine this is to look at the Sales Order record in NetSuite and check whether the subsidiary field is being used on your standard entry form.
If you do see a Subsidiary field, it’s safe to assume that your account is OneWorld; otherwise, it’s likely a standard account.