The Excel SmartClient relies on a Custom Record that must be created manually in your NetSuite Account.
Please work with your NetSuite Administrator to create the Custom Record per the instructions below. Once the Custom Record is created you can add records to it that allow you to override certain default SmartClient settings. Please note these settings are global and will affect all SmartClient users.
Follow the instructions below and reference this short video for detailed instructions on creating this Custom Record.
Create a SmartClient Setting Custom Record with following details.
We suggest you copy/paste the record and field names below as they must match exactly.
- Record Name: Excel SmartClient Custom Settings
- id: _celigo_sc_setting (You must include all the “_”’s. Please note NetSuite will automatically add the text ‘custom record’ in front of your field name. After the record is saved the Field Id will read as customrecord_celigo_sc_setting).
- Include Name Field: true
Save your Custom Record and then add one field to it.
- Field Name: SmartClient Setting
- Id: _sc_setting_value (free-form text) (You must include all the “_”;s. Please note NetSuite will automatically add the text ‘custom record’ in front of your field name. After is saved the field id will read as customrecord_celigo_sc_setting).
- Field Type = Free-Form Text
Once the record is created add the following values to a new record. Note, leaving a value empty will result in the SmartClient using default settings. The values below should be entered into the Record Name field and the field ‘SmartClient Setting’ will hold the actual values.
*Celigo recommends that batch size value is above 10 and below 50 . A higher value of batch size may result in upload timeouts. Default batch sizes are 50.
Modifying the data operations batch sizes for SmartClient
The SmartClient uploads and download the records in batches of 50 at a time by default, however NetSuite administrators can change the default upload/download batch size of SmartClient by modifying the custom record created above.
Example: In order to override the Upload batch size
- Create a customrecord_celigo_sc_setting with the name of the setting (uploadBatchSize)
- Set the custrecord_sc_setting_value field value to the new value (the image below shows the value set at 25)
Configuring SmartClient to treat warnings as errors
When the SmartClient encounters a Warning from NetSuite (such as ‘Vendor Credit Limit exceeded)it performs the requested action and shows the warning in “Yellow” text in the reserved column. With this setting you can enable SmartClient to treat those warnings as errors and stop SmartClient from performing the action. SmartClient will return an error in red text
Example: To treat warnings as errors do the following:
- set the value of the customrecord_celigo_sc_setting with the name of the setting (treatWarningsAsErrors)
- set the custrecord_sc_setting_value field value to TRUE per the image below.